Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) and the Fremont Education Foundation (FEF) will once again be providing the After-School Elementary Beginning Band classes at each elementary school site during the 2017-2018 school year. These classes are open to all incoming 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-grade students of FUSD who have no Band instrument experience. All classes meet after-school 1 day per week, for 1 hour. Instructions are provided for woodwind, brass, and percussion instruments.
- Classes begin 10-minutes after school dismissal.
- Classes taught by instructors provided by FEF.
- Elementary Band Instruments: Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Percussion (Drums and Mallets), Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone.
- Please do not rent/purchase instruments until after the first class meeting!
- Important! Please make sure you complete this 2017-2018 Mission Attendance Area Elementary Beginning Bands Intent Form by August 1, 2017 in order to be emailed the sign-up information and class information over the summer from Mr. Conway. Please note that filling out the 2017-2018 Mission Attendance Area Elementary Beginning Bands Intent Form does not register you for the class!
- Registration for these classes will begin on the 1st day of school in August through the FEF website.
- All classes begin in mid-October and run through mid-May. Final schedules will be posted on the FEF website in mid-August. FEF funds the After-School Bands through parent and community donations and some district funds, but receives no money from state or federal funds.
Before acquiring an instrument, Elementary Beginning Band students of the Mission Attendance Area are guided through a thorough instrument selection process. At the “Instrument Fitting Night” held in September, students have the opportunity to try out first-hand every band instrument and rank their preference, while the experienced specialists assess every student’s potential for success at each instrument. Results are then analyzed and instruments assigned accordingly to ensure the success of both the student as well as the group.