Students study the basics of string instrument technique and music theory. They work on improving their technique and skills through exercises, etudes, small group playing, full orchestra literature, and method book study. Students participate in 2 concerts during the school year. The cost of this program is a one-time donation of $190 for the entire year.
- Open to incoming 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-graders
- At least 2 years’ experience on Violin, Viola, Cello, or String Bass
- Students with less than 2 years’ experience who are very “advanced” may be eligible for this class with director approval
- Registration deadline is August 1, 2017
- Starts mid-September
- Meets Thursdays 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Instructor: Mr. Greg Conway