Students study the basics of string instrument technique and music theory. They work on improving their technique and skills through exercises, etudes, small group playing, full orchestra literature, and method book study. Students participate in 2 concerts during the school year. The cost of this program is a one-time donation of $190 for the entire year.
- Open to incoming 4th- and 5th-graders
- No experience necessary – Beginners only on Violin, Viola, Cello
- Limit 35 students per class
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Registration deadline is August 1, 2017
- Instrument selection will be done at the first class meeting
- Start mid-September
- Offer 2 classes; each meets once every week
- Meet Mondays 4:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Instructor: Mr. Atiba Starr