Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) and the Fremont Education Foundation (FEF) will once again be providing the After-School Elementary Beginning Band classes at each elementary school site during the 2017-2018 school year. These classes are open to all incoming 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-grade students of FUSD who have no Band instrument experience. All classes meet after-school 1 day per week, for 1 hour. Instructions are provided for woodwind, brass, and percussion instruments.
- Classes begin 10-minutes after school dismissal.
- Classes taught by instructors provided by FEF.
- Elementary Band Instruments: Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Percussion (Drums and Mallets), Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone.
- Please do not rent/purchase instruments until after the first class meeting!
- Important! Please make sure you complete this “Intent Form” by August 1, 2017 in order to be emailed the sign-up information and class information over the summer from Mr. Conway. Please note that filling out the “Intent Form” does not register you for the class!
- Registration for these classes will begin on the 1st day of school in August through the FEF website.
- All classes begin in mid-October and run through mid-May. Final schedules will be posted on the FEF website in mid-August. FEF funds the After-School Bands through parent and community donations and some district funds, but receives no money from state or federal funds.